by Carolyn Edlund
What were the most-read articles published on Artsy Shark this year? Here’s the annual countdown.
10. Sell More Art Using This Smart Strategy – helping prospective customers visualize how the art could work in their own home or office can make a huge difference in closing the sale.
9. Evolution of a Greeting Card Line – Entrepreneur Barb Kollen created her own card line. Here’s how she did it, from concept to finished product.
8. How Artists Can Make an Effective Press Kit – Make it easy for the press to find you, use your images, and write stories about you. Here’s what you need to include in your press kit.
7. Etsy is Going Wholesale. Will it Work for You? – Artists and craftspeople who want to sell wholesale need to know the facts before they jump in.
6. Artists and Doctors Create Their Own Healthcare Reform – How medical and creative professionals got together to improve healthcare for artists, and provide a model for communities.
5. A Gallery Owner’s View: What Artists Need to Know – Suzanne Connors of Sax Art Gallery gives her honest opinion on the difficulties of the business, and why artists need to partner with their galleries.
4. 10 Steps to Better Art Show Sales – Want to increase your art sales at fairs and festivals? Here are ten tips to make the most of your show.
3. 8 Negative Booth Behaviors that Lose Sales – Are you making the most of your time taking advantage of sales opportunities, or are you sabotaging yourself with these common behaviors?
2. Top 10 Ways that Galleries Find Artists – Throw out the unsolicited requests, cold-call gallery visits, and moaning about how you will never have a chance to even speak with a gallerist. Here’s how artists really connect.
1. Online Sales Tips from the Experts – Andrew and Kimberly Kitchen founded the Handmade Artists community. They share their best tips for selling your art or craft online, including frequent mistakes and why you need your own website.