By guest blogger Connie Mettler
What’s the “Best Art Fair in America?”
Exhibiting artists know which art fairs are their favorites (and there are lists to prove it) but it’s art buyers who really determine the success of art events.
Those important people have never been surveyed about their favorite shows! So, in its continuing mission to support art fair artists, Art Fair Calendar is launching its 1st annual poll for art buyers.
The goal? To determine the best fine art fairs and craft shows in the country from an art collector’s point of view; then use the information from this survey to attract more art patrons to the nation’s fine art and craft shows, generating more sales for artists.
You know what the good shows are. They deserve to be rewarded for their hard work by bringing even more people to attend and buy art.
You’ve also met our industry’s best customers at show after show, looking for that next great show or new artist. So we want to know: What show do you think art fair shoppers should not miss?
Please vote for America’s Best Art Fairs here now: http://www.BestArtFairs.com
Art Fair Calendar will be publishing the results of this survey with the purpose of encouraging art collectors to travel to new shows and share the information with their friends. When this survey is completed we will:
- announce the results at the Arts Festival Conference in Louisville, October 7, 2013
- announce the Best Art Fairs Award winners by sending press releases to the media
- promote the list of winning shows on our Art Fair Calendar website (#1 Google ranking for “art fairs”)
- invite the winning shows to leverage their “bragging rights” by publicizing their awards in local media, bringing more media attention and buyers to attend our nation’s art fairs
How can you Help?
Everyone reading this probably has a mailing list of customers. Please help us get the attention of the art-buying public (and support the art fair business that we love) by sending the survey link to your list and sharing it online.
To help increase attendance at the shows we also invite you to:
- include information about America’s Best Art Fairs in your next email newsletter
- email the survey link to people you know who attend these events
- post the survey link on your Facebook page
- post it to your Twitter feed
- add the survey link to your website, maybe near your show schedule
Art Fair Calendar launched in 2002 to help more artists earn a living creating original work by attracting more buyers to art fairs. Art Fair Calendar and its related advertising-supported sites at Art Fair Insiders, Art Show Reviews and Calls for Artists are published by art fair veteran and show consultant, Connie Mettler. Connie has been part of the art fair industry since 1978, managing her husband’s photography business, organizing art fairs, and hosting websites advocating for her friends who work in the art fair business.