by guest blogger Connie Mettler
ArtFairCalendar.com announces the results of its 3rd annual “America’s Best Art Fairs” survey. This survey is the only national online look at the country’s juried art fairs and craft shows, designed to reward the festivals that create opportunities for artists to sell their work.
To make any art fair successful it needs three components:
- excellent art and artists
- savvy art festival organizers
- people who love to meet the artists and collect the fine one of a kind work.
This survey was aimed at that group, the art collectors. Art Fair Calendar’s 50,000+ email subscribers, FB followers and shows “got out the vote.”
The winners are:
Best City for Art Fairs: Chicago
Chicago has it all – indoor and outdoor art fairs. Ten of this city’s shows were voted into the Top 50, with 5 of them in the Top 20. Congrats to this city full of art lovers. Making a trip to the Windy City? Plan it so you too can catch an art festival. Our list of Chicago events.
America’s Best Art Fairs: The Top Ten
- Old Town Art Fair, Chicago – June 11 & 12, 2016
Survey says: “Quality art, in a beautiful neighborhood. The variety and quality of artists is especially good, continually changing.”
- Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival, Winter Park, FL – March 18-20, 2016
Survey says: “Great variety of quality artists.The art is incredible. I travel over 1,000 miles for this show.”
- One of a Kind Show and Sale, Chicago – Dec. 3-6, 2015, December 1-4, 2016
Survey says: “600+ fabulous artists displaying original work. Need I say more?”
- Ann Arbor Street Art Fair, the Original, Ann Arbor, MI – July 21-24, 2016 (please note, this popular event which has been a Wed.-Sat. show moves to new dates in 2016, be there Thurs.-Sun.!)
Survey says: “Best mix of quality and creativity, price range and diversity of art. It just keeps getting better!”
- Columbus Arts Festival, Columbus, OH – June 10-12, 2016
Survey says: “It is so ALIVE!!! I have been to many festivals and fairs and have never seen one to this level of professionalism and scope of art forms.”
- The Woodlands Waterway Festival, The Woodlands, TX – April 8-10, 2016
Survey says: “Great local and out of state Artists attend this event every year. The location on the Waterway is gorgeous and shows Art well.”
- Coconut Grove Arts Festival, Miami, FL – Feb. 13-15, 2016
Survey says: “Everything is beautifully displayed and convenient in a beautiful waterfront setting, with great food and music too.”
- Cherry Creek Arts Festival, Denver, CO – July 3-5, 2016
Survey says: “High quality artists and high quality of art. We plan our holidays to attend this show.”
- Art Fair on the Square, Madison, WI – July 9 & 10, 2016
Survey says: “The nation’s best artists & fine craft artists in a fabulous location! On my calendar every year for the variety and excitement.”
- La Quinta Arts Festival, La Quinta, CA – March 3-6, 2016
Survey says: “Spectacular high end art in a stunning setting; very upscale. Quality art, entertainment and food. Much fun to attend and shop.”
See all the winners here: www.BestArtFairs.com, a year’s worth of shows for you to visit.
Learn more about the survey results by listening to our podcast.