Raise The Status of Women Artists

Throughout history many accomplished women artists’ contributions have been ignored and the opportunities for contemporary women artists are insufficient.

Meet Fiber Art Now

Our mandate is to connect artists to the resources that will help them with their career.

How Artists Can Build Credibility

People want to buy art from experts, not amateurs. How can you share your expertise and gain credibility as an artist?

The Handmade Marketplace: Virtual Chambers of Commerce

I see a natural progression happening for artists. They look for a place to sell and start out on one of the big marketplaces. They learn the basics, gain confidence, and branch out on their own.

New Kickstarter Campaign Supports Free Art Education

by guest blogger Clara Lieu This art professor is launching a new project that offers online teaching for visual artists – free for people of all ages. Here is her idea.     I am a visual artist and adjunct professor at the Rhode Island School of Design where I have taught for the past decade. For […]

Artists in San Francisco Join Forces to Reverse the Whiteout of Arts and Culture

We formed the Cultural Space Coalition as a way to help connect groups and individuals who are working to reverse the trend of disappearing cultural spaces.

The Thrills of Networking Within A Local Artist Community

How one artist used her community connections to build a stronger business and a network.

How to Start an Artist Salon

Salon – an Artful Conversation is a monthly meeting of artists, writers, and arts professionals who come together to bond, network, and get out of their heads for a little while.